** Reply to message from [EMAIL PROTECTED] on Fri, 3 Dec 1999 17:48:29 -0500
(EST)

Folks,
   I disagree that the profile absolutely determines the distance from the outside of
the tire to  the rim.

   On a car, it is absolutely the truth. This is because a car tire is a rectangle.

   A motorcycle tire is round. So just because the sidewall height is X, and the
measurement across the
tread surface is y, doesn't mean that the distance Z from the middle of the tread down
towards the axle
to the edge of the rims == X. That's not true. Just look at your tire from the side.
The treads go way higher
then the sidewall.

    Now on a 120, there is much less "bowing" because the tire has to go the same
width across the rim with
less tire to do it. That should mean less "tent" for lack of a better word.

    The only TRUE way to find out is to measure, and make sure you do it at the same
PSI, and measure
from the ground straight up through azimuth. That will help take into account any
increased tire bend in one
tire vs. the other.

Now I just measured mine. From The ground straight up to the edge of the hubcap (right
above the words
"suitable for tubeless tires") is 8 and 25/32 Inches; Just above 8 and 3/4 inches.
Someone needs to
measure the 130.  My tire pressure was 36 PSI. I made sure the ruler was going
straight up, which
means that if you have the hubcap on, it's not going to be touching the tire. I put
something under the
side stand to straighten up the bike, but still keep the bike's weight on the tire.
Putting it on the center
stand takes most of the weight off the front tire.

-Greg

\|/  \|/   Greg Christopher
  |    |    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

 ICQ:   4997683
 PAGER: http://wwp.mirabilis.com/4997683
        [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow is not looking
good either.