OK, maybe we should go public now? What do you all think?

Here is my suggested press release:

YAMAHA GTS 1000 ABS FAILURE EPIDEMIC

An internet discussion group for Yamaha GTS enthusiasts, has conducted a
survey showing that at least 39 discussion group GTS owners have, or have
had, ABS systems which have failed. The brakes revert to conventional
operation without the owner being aware since the ABS malfunction warning
light does not illuminate for this type of failure. The only way to know of
the failure is to intentionally try to lock the brakes or to run a
diagnostics test.

The GTS list has about 100? regular subscribers and only approximately 800
GTS's were sold in the US. Most owners have not had the system repaired due
to the prohibitive cost charged for replacement of the ABS hydraulic unit
(HU). Yamaha refuses to repair the HUs and has insisted on replacing the
entire HU at a cost of about $2000.

The general consensus of opinion among GTS owners is that the problem is
caused by corrosion of the HU components through moisture and/or air in the
hydraulic fluid in spite of regular brake fluid replacement. Yamaha and the
NHTSA have been advised of the situation.

If you own a GTS you may want to check your ABS operation to avoid a
dangerous surprise. You can subscribe to the GTS list at ???????. ABS
failures can be reported to the list.

Cheers Joe.