Greetings to the list.  I just wanted to take the opportunity to thank all
for the great info and discussions found on the list.  As it turns out, one
topic (tires) came in useful.  Thanks to a drywall screw in the back tire, I
was in need and the discussion of different sizes came in useful.

Long story short, I bought Avon Azaro's for my '93(going mail order, I saved
a $80 over local pricing, so it didn't hurt too bad).  Avon's recomendation
is 180/55 back and 120/70 front.  I finally got my first ride in just before
Christmas.
Wow!  It felt like a whole different bike versus the Dunlop 205's!  And to
think I was envying the handling of the BMW 1200LT at Biketoberfest. No
offense if anybody owns one, the BMW is a nice ride :)  The GTS really does
feel 80 pounds lighter with the new sizes, as others mentioned some weeks
back.  They are also VERY quiet tires.  With tires and a new Speedscreen
windshield I can hear the engine and tranny much better, now.

One odd note.  My local Atlanta Yamaha dealer refused to put the tires on my
rims because they weren't the stock size.  They did not have a problem with
me bringing in mail order tires, in fact they suggested it. Even though the
sizes were of the Avon fitment chart, they flat refused.  They claimed that
the bike is finnicky and problematic with anything but stock sizes.  They
were wrong about that.  They lost a customer over it.

Well now I am waiting for a sunny day to get a longer ride on major twisties
in.