Just had my ABS pump replaced, courtesy of Yamaha.  On the ride
back from the shop, I hit the brakes, which activated the ABS.
The rear didn't lock up.  (I don't think the ABS for the front
kicked in)  Rah!  No more rear-wheel skids!

Afterwards, I noticed the ABS light blinking.  Normal?  It's been
so long since I've used the ABS, I've forgotten what it's supposed
to do.

While they were testing the bike at the shop, they ran over a nail.
My brand new front MEZ3, ruined.  They had a race-compund MEZ1 in
stock, and installed it.  I can't imagine I'll get a lot of life
out of the tire.  Anyone think it'll go 2000 miles?  Assuming the
weather behaves, I'll probably do that many miles this weekend
with the GTS gathering in San Diego/Mexico.

 -K

 Kelly Cash                                        Main: 408-727-5497
 Solid Data Systems                                 FAX: 408-727-5496
 2945 Oakmead Village Court                       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 Santa Clara, CA  95051                             www.soliddata.com