> I am not puzzled by your findings. I do not feel what you found is inherent
> to the design.

I think that Terry has given the only explanation yet as to why the ABS cycles on
a bumpy road.  I can tell you that the pump "spins up" occasionaly on bumpy
roads.  The pump also spins when the bike is first started.  Neither instance
causes any loss of pressure on the brake lever so the ABS isn't actually cycling
but the pump is spinning.  I don't know if Yamaha designed this cycling into the
ABS system or if it is an product of the design.  I would tend to think it was an
aftereffect because of the bumpy road spawning an error condition in the ABS
system.
Louis
P.S.  I am not an engineer, somewhat of an amature mechanic, and a GTS entusiast.