Perhaps off topic, but not really.

Fairly amazing! They require at least 21 yrs old,
and a minimum of 10,000 insurance coverage.
Seems fair.

Would I ride without one? Well, perhaps to dry the
bike off after washing it. :)

I still think its an okay choice if you are driving straight
roads in a low speed manner (sound like florida?). Of course
Granny will get you down there.

I bet the emergency room people aren't happy.

-Greg

"FREE AT LAST, FREE AT LAST, THANK GOD FLORIDA IS FREE AT LAST,"
exclaimed a jubilant James "Doc" Riechenbach III, President and Lobbyist for
ABATE of Florida, moments after receiving a personal phone call from
Governor
Jeb Bush at 3:50 p.m. (EST) today, June 16, to tell him that he'd signed
their helmet law repeal bill!
Doc, who also serves as Chairman of the Board of Directors for the
National Coalition of Motorcyclists (NCOM), said, "It's been a long time
coming, 31 years, and we'd just like to thank our ABATE members, NCOM and
every state that helped us win our freedom!"
House Bill 1911 will repeal Florida's helmet law for riders 21 and older
who have a minimum of $10,000 in medical insurance, and will become
effective
July 1, 2000.
"The Bush brothers have now set two states free," exclaimed Doc,
referring to Jeb Bush's brother and Presidential hopeful, George W. Bush
Jr.,
who as Texas Governor signed a similar bill in 1997 to allow freedom of
choice for responsible adult Texas motorcyclists.
Something tells me that Daytona Bike Week is gonna be one Helluva
helmetless celebration!
NATIONAL COALITION OF MOTORCYCLISTS (NCOM)

\|/  \|/   Greg Christopher
 |    |    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

 ICQ:   4997683
 PAGER: http://wwp.mirabilis.com/4997683
        [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I am learning that criticism is not nearly as effective as sabotage.