Hi John,
Sorry to hear of your misfortune in Canada, but glad to hear just
cosmetics.
I'm just getting caught up from being gone for 3 wks.
Alan Barbic and I rode the Northwest Passage together and finished as
co-2nd place finishers. 1st place co-winners were Gary Egan and Rick
Morrison. Alan and I were crossing their paths frequently. BC and Alberta
roads weren't as bad as what you described. My SO - Sandy flew up to meet
me at the finish and we took a round about trip home Mon - Fri. All told
put 6,000+ miles on the bike in less than two weeks.
I'll work on a  more complete trip report and comments on how the GTS
performed in a later message.
Of note on your handle bar problems - Roger VanSanten came up for the
finisher banquet (didn't compete). Said he was getting the handle bar
crown from our German list member to mount regular tubular bars. You
should inquire with him.
Cheers for now
--
Dave Biasotti  //  Fremont, CA