You guys in the warmer climates kill me.  You are talking about winter
gear and what to use.  Poor guys!

Hello....this is Canada calling! ;^)

Winter gear goes like this:

Mid October - make mental note to put bike away in 2 - 3 weeks.
At same time, make mental note to go somewhere warm this winter.
Toque
Gloves
Scarf
Boots
Winter coat/Snowmobile suit
Long Underwear

Forget the plug-in clothes, heated hand grips, heated everything else -
those are for the spring and fall.  One exception is not to forget to
plug in the car.  Yes, I said plug in the car.

Start fire in fireplace, an ounce or two of your favourite brandy, warm
blanket, get some videos, turn on TV and hibernate.

Oh yeah, one last thing.  Snow shovel and/or snow blower is highly
recommended, snow tires, ice scraper, skis etc.

Now quit whining about how cold it gets where you are!

My .02 ;^)

Grant Gall
Calgary - for five months of the year is better know as the frozen
north.  But hey, we love it here.