Jay everything I have said has been pretty much tongue-in-cheek, I hope
you took it that way.  (Actually, I thought the AMERICAN comment would
have started something kinda fun)

I lived in Vancouver for 41/2 years. I left there in 1998.  Riding there
is not a lot of fun until you get an hour or so away from the
metropolitan area.  Beautiful - definitely, crowded - definitely,
expensive - definitely.

Believe it or not Canada actually has three deserts.  One in the
Okanagan area of British Columbia, about 31/2 hours from Vancouver, one
at Carcross in the Yukon and one near Carberry in Manitoba.  And yes
they all get covered in snow.

As for toys.  What I meant was so many more toys for more seasons.  I
was not making a comparison to the USA.

As for "lot in life", I believe a person makes their lot in life with
what he has, where he has it and who he has it with.  My lot in life is
just fine thank you!

Grant Gall