Neelin_Wilson wrote:

> I get the impression from American riders I've met that they expect the
> road to be clear & well marked when they're riding.

LOL - That's because our lawyers insure that they are clear. ;^)

Not really, but Robert makes a good point. I have been to Canada many
times, mostly on motorcycles and I have had no problems. I, for one,
have found the roads to be exceptionally well maintained and clean
there.

However, anytime you ride outside the US, (and even IN the US), you
should ride with your eyes open and in a state of preparedness for road
hazards. Things get on the ride from trash, leaks, accidents, road
construction and all kinds of road kill. If you think you can go on
'auto-pilot' and not have to be concerned with road conditions, you may
want to rethink that concept.

It's not Disneyland out there. (Well, ok, maybe in So. Cal and Florida.
;^)  )

Brandon