[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<< I don't have the numbers in front of me, but the Yamaha Road Star is a
 1600 cc air cooled twin that is belt driven and it's got to be kicking
 out some serious torque >>
Yes, 99 foot pounds of torgue at 2000 RPM, HOWEVER!!!!!!! right around a
whopping 45 HP.......
Superchargers are belt driven, not the dragsters, easier to compress air than
carry 2000 horsepower....
Spinning cams with belts again is not heavy loads on the belts either. Those
off brand Chicken wings use belts for cam drives, as do those off brand farm
animals, ducks.
:)
RSRBOB