In your message dated: Thu, 21 Sep 2000 01:48:34 EDT,
your pithy ruminations on <Re: Cracked Plastic?, Chain and sprockets?> were:
=> You know, I have been quiet for a long time about the ScottOiler topic.
=> I have to say that there is one thing you can't say about the ScottOiler
=> and that is how good it looks.
=>
=> That is one ugly piece of art work in my honest opinion.

It all depends on how you install it...

See:
        http://www.panix.com/~bergman/oiler.html
        http://www.panix.com/~bergman/profileswitch.shtml

for how it _should_ be done! :)

I've got about 26k miles on my current chain & sprockets, and it's at about 1/3
of the adjustment on the swingarm. The rear sprocket shows no appreciable wear.
I hope to get ~35k or more on the chain.

Oh yeah, I ride on dirt roads, in the rain, and in very dusty conditions too
often. That combination will turn "ordinary" chain lube into a fine lapping
paste, just the thing to grind down metal bits.

Mark
=>
=> Sorry Henry.
=>
=> My .02
=>
=> Grant Gall
=>
=> Henry S. Winokur wrote:
=> >
=> > > cracks in any body panels. As for chain and sprockets I don't know what's
=> > > best.  Some like to stay OEM and others are going for smaller chains and
=> > > have to change both sprockets.  I hope that I to can get enough info
=> > > because I think I will need to next year with the miles that the bike will
=> > > have by then.
=> >
=> > Can you say "ScottOiler"?  This is the best solution for:
=> >
=> > 1. keeping the chain oiled, EVEN WHEN YOU FORGET TO DO IT and
=> > 2. keeping your money in your pocket for other things than new sprockets and
=> > chain.
=> >
=> > I realize that I'll have to change the chain eventually, but if using the
=> > ScottOiler can prevent it for awhile longer, or in some case a GREAT while
=> > longer for about $150 and a couple of hours to install it, then that is the
=> > way to go.
=> >
=> > I can't say enough good things about this device.  Suffice it to say:  it
=> > works, and my chain is always lubed!
=> >
=> > Regards,
=> >
=> > Henry S. Winokur
=> > 94 GTS1000, AMA, MRF, MD/MSF Certified Instructor
=> > West Bethesda, MD
=>

--
Mark Bergman    Biker, IATSE #1 Stagehand, Rock Climber, Unix mechanic
'94 Yamaha GTS1000A

I want a newsgroup with a infinite S/N ratio! Now taking CFV on:
rec.motorcycles.stagehands.pet-bird-owners.pinballers.unix-supporters
5+ So Far--Want to join? Check out: http://www.panix.com/~bergman