Hi.

On Fri, 2017-10-20 at 01:26 +0000, Sriram Ramkrishna wrote:
> LAS is looking to move to a new conference software.  We would like to
> move to OSEM (http://osem.io/).  I realize there was some talk about
> using whatever FOSDEM is using, but honestly that software is 8 years
> old and nobody supports it.
What software are you talking about?
Frab? I don't have the impression that it's neither unmaintained nor not
supported. In fact, it sets standards when it comes to an open format
for the conference's schedules.
https://github.com/frab/frab

>From what I can see, it's used very extensively by important European
conferences (FOSDEM, FrOSCon, CCCongress, PrivacyWeek, ...).

>   There is 5-6 dedicated people for OSEM.
But is anybody actually using it? Besides the people themselves for
openSuSE Conference.

>   So, I'm hoping to make an executive decision and move to OSEM.
What's your reasoning so far?

> Secondly, GNOME.Asia has already used OSEM for the past couple of
> years.
wait, what?  This is plain wrong.

Cheers,
  Tobi