h1 a:hover {background-color:#888;color:#fff ! important;}
div#emailbody table#itemcontentlist tr td div ul {
list-style-type:square; padding-left:1em; } div#emailbody
table#itemcontentlist tr td div blockquote { padding-left:6px;
border-left: 6px solid #dadada; margin-left:1em; } div#emailbody
table#itemcontentlist tr td div li { margin-bottom:1em;
margin-left:1em; } table#itemcontentlist tr td a:link,
table#itemcontentlist tr td a:visited, table#itemcontentlist tr td
a:active, ul#summarylist li a { color:#000033; font-weight:bold;
text-decoration:none; } img {border:none;} The latest from
thesportreview.com

Luka Modrić won’t leave Spurs, insists Harry Redknapp

Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp has dismissed the possibility of Luka
Modrić making a controversial switch to London rivals Chelsea.
Speculation linking the Croatian playmaker with a move to the reigning
champions has been rife and Chelsea manager Carlo Ancelotti, a
long-term admirer of the midfielder, is said to have targeted Modric in
a bid to help to rejuvenate the ageing Blues’ midfield.

Modrić, 25, joined Tottenham from Dinamo Zagreb for £16.5m in 2008
after signing a six-year deal at White Hart Lane.

“He is going nowhere,” said Redknapp. “He is just such a fantastic
player, if we start selling Luka Modrić we may as well all go home.

“He’s a different class and he’s not going nowhere, not a chance, not a
chance. He [Ancelotti] might have his eye on him but he isn’t going to
get him that’s for sure.”

Redknapp also commented on the future of want-away striker Robbie
Keane. The Republic of Ireland captain has fallen out of favour at
White Hart Lane and a host of Premier League clubs have shown interest
in the former Inter Milan forward. Redknapp, however, insists Spurs are
still waiting for an offer for the forward.

“Robbie would like to move and he wants to play,” said Redknapp. “He is
a boy who has played all his career. He is not used to not playing.

“He is still a top player and would grace most clubs. It’s just that he
has been unfortunate with Rafa (van der Vaart) coming in and I’ve been
playing one up with him.

The former Portsmouth manager added: “I have Defoe, Crouch,
Pavlyuchenko and Robbie so it’s been difficult getting him in the team.
I haven’t heard anything about any offers for him though.”
You are subscribed to email updates from The Sport Review
To stop receiving these emails, you may unsubscribe now. Email delivery