Hello,

> This is not a simple update path but a re-implementation.

I wouldn't call it a re-implementation - that is, given a proper
separation between the generated low level C bindings and the 'highler
level' modules that use them.

Also, not really related, but using g-wrap is quite complex, using the
nyacc ffi-helper is quite simple.

> Debian popcon shows that g-wrap is still a lot more widespread than
> nyacc:

Old usage statistics doesn't provide any useful info to this
conversation, nor any useful data as to whether g-wrap should still be
packaged by distro and used by users.

In debian, it was removed quite a while ago - for info, it still was
in bullseye (oldoldstable)

> Providing g-wrap does not mean proposing it. It just means that tools
> that already use it continue to work.

It should be removed, not provided.

> And apart from not seeing a new release, there has been no
> notification that it’s deprecated.
> ...

Nobody should ever make g-wrap work with guile 3.0

You're right that I should have updated the savannah pages, I
actually forgot I was a member :-) fixed

        The project is now tagged as Decommissionned
        I've updated the description accordingly, and suggest two alternatives

Thanks,
David

Attachment: pgpQWUojHJcu6.pgp
Description: OpenPGP digital signature

Reply via email to