Greg Troxel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Whether there is something deeper with gnucash, I don't know, but I
> have no reason to think so yet.

I wondered if perhaps ice-9 slib was supposed to be like a proper
module, giving an slib environment only in those application modules
using it, and not when not used, if you know what I mean.

> ;; Load slib's init file directly, implicitly symbols into the current
> ;; module.

To be the same as the slib documented startup then I think it has to
load into the guile-user module, if that doesn't happen already.

The effect would be global, which may or may not be a good thing, but
at least would be the same as the "slib" script program does, say.