I've got this <https://github.com/borgauf/pamphlet> fork going where I've
done some editing (grammar, style, spelling, etc.) on the book (up to
"Reporting bugs." Let me know what you think.

In general, I think Scheme desperately needs an "O'Reilly"-style book.

Question: What should we say when someone asks, "Why should I fool with a
new programming language when there's Matlab/Mathematica/etc.?"

I think this is a great project. I myself have recently started something
similar which shamelessly puts coding (in Scheme) together with high school
math. Two things I want to avoid is 1) having other "blub" languages fill
this yawning gap (read Python), and 2) helping cushion the computer science
wall where hot-shot high-school coders go to college, major in comp-sci . .
. and then hit the comp-sci wall, i.e., discrete math, theory, no more cool
coding tricks, etc.

LB