taylanbayi...@gmail.com (Taylan Ulrich "Bayırlı/Kammer") writes:

> It would be great if the whole circular import problem could somehow be
> solved by Guile (no idea how feasible it is).

I think we should eliminate circular module dependencies.  They cause
nasty problems, and there's no compelling reason that we need them,
since our package dependency graph is necessarily a DAG.

We can eliminate the circular dependencies by breaking up our package
modules into smaller pieces.  One package per module would trivially
accomplish this, although I guess that's going too far.

We might want to think about what tools could help us discover a much
smaller number of package splittings that would eliminate the cycles,
and to ensure that they would never again be introduced.

      Mark