Hello Daniel,

Daniel Jiang <jng...@gmail.com> skribis:

> I think I can help! Missed the deadline for GSoC application because of
> school stuff but that shouldn't stop me from contributing to Guix. This
> sounds like a task on a level I can accomplish (though I might still need
> some guidance/pointers of where to start).

You’re welcome to give it a try!  Like Leo wrote, you could essentially
start from the gnu/system/examples/desktop.tmpl OS.  You can pass it to
‘guix system vm’ image to try it out, until you’re satisfied with the
result.

At that point you can try ‘guix system vm-image’ and see how big the
result is.

Let us know how it goes!

Thanks,
Ludo’.