Hello Chris,

Christopher Lemmer Webber <cweb...@dustycloud.org> ezt írta (időpont: 2020.
febr. 29., Szo 17:55):

> Hello,
>
> I'd be interested in doing a round 2 of mentoring for Guix Deploy.
> The previous student (Jakob L. Kreuze) will not be a GSoC student this
> year but is willing to co-mentor.  (Maybe David Thompson is as well but
> I won't speak for him since we haven't discussed it yet.)

Wonderful idea, please add it to the GSoC 2020 ideas page if you haven't
done so.

> I don't know what the situation with Outreachy slots are, but I'd also
> be happy to mentor this for there as well, obviously.

The proposal deadline for this round has passed, so we can't do that right
now. If we still have work to do in this area ( I believe we will) when the
next round comes around, I will be happy to help in forming the proposal. I
will soon publish a blog post with the relevant deadlines for both program.

> I think there's probably more that can be done to improve environments.
> This includes initial bootstrapping of environments, making more
> environments available, etc.
>
> Let me also put out a goal for the Guix community: I think we'll see
> Guix Deploy as a success if a bunch of us can switch over to using it on
> our own servers (that includes me).  To that end, I'd love to know, how
> many people are doing so, or have attempted to do so?  What features
> would you like/need?

I believe this is a great initiative. Thanks for bringing this up.

>  - Chris

Best regards,
g_bor