Hello,

Ludovic Courtès <l...@gnu.org> ezt írta (időpont: 2020. márc. 8., Vas
23:10):

> Hi Chris!
>
> Christopher Lemmer Webber <cweb...@dustycloud.org> skribis:
>
> > Let me also put out a goal for the Guix community: I think we'll see
> > Guix Deploy as a success if a bunch of us can switch over to using it on
> > our own servers (that includes me).  To that end, I'd love to know, how
> > many people are doing so, or have attempted to do so?  What features
> > would you like/need?
>
> We’re using it for the build farm, and I’m also using it for a couple of
> single servers.  It’s great!  :-)
>
> What I miss the most, especially on the build farm, is the ability to
> tell ‘guix deploy’ which services to restart upon completion.
> Currently, like ‘guix system reconfigure’, it conservatively doesn’t
> restart any running services.  However, often, you’d like it to run
> “herd restart X” upon completion.
>
> Another thing discussed at the Guix Days, but more relevant to more
> advanced use cases, is the ability to define “roles”: often you’d rather
> want to think in terms of the services machines offer and abstract over
> the actual machines.

These are both great ideas. It would be also nice to access these in a
single machine setup. I don't know where to implement this, it might make
sense to add these to the common part of deploy and reconfigure. IIRC we
also discussed the idea of a local deployer to be able handle the deploy
node the same way as the rest. Regarding the roles thing it would be nice
to get a discussion going regarding the interface, so that we have an idea
how it should look like. Wdyt?

> Ludo’.

Best regards,
g_bor