Hi all,

I'm periodically testdriving GuixSD with the intention to migrate several
workstations and servers in my organization. It's very exciting to see Guix is
quickly catching up with Nix and NixOS despite being much younger.

A slightly annoying aspect of Guix that IMHO should be improved is download
speed. I haven't inspected any code, but it seems to me that Guix is reopening
a connection for downloading every item? If so, that's a bit wasteful, and
makes things unnecessarily slow even with a good connection.

Thanks.