>  https://issues.guix.gnu.org/39728
>
> I contemplated another way to improve on download speeds, by spawning a
> single ‘guix substitute’ process and thus potentially reusing
> connections, but it’s trickier than it seems.

Can I help testing this patch?

> PS to yarnton: Note that Nix would also have to catch up on some
>  features: grafts, authenticated checkouts, reduced binary seeds, etc.
>  ;-)

I know! That's why I'm trying to migrate to GuixSD. And I say this as a
maintainer of a dozen  packages in NixPkgs.

Another big motivation is that Guix packages are cleaner and well tested. Nix
has quite a few things that are half broken. I've fixed some that I use myself,
but it's too much work to get it all sorted.