On Mon, Nov 27, 2023, at 01:53, Andy Tai wrote:
> Hi, hope Guix maintainers can clarify the role of the now core-updates
> branch; the current documentation does not specify the core-updates
> branch as a thing but there are clearly interests and uses of this
> branch for package updates not belonging to a feature branch like
> gnome and it is useful for, say, updating to the GNU make package
> which would have caused world rebuild.  Thanks

Hi!

I'm not a maintainer but I did suggest the new 'feature branch' workflow so I
will speak up.

The core-updates branch was / is for updating core packages, which are listed
here:

 https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/tree/gnu/ci.scm?h=v1.4.0#n136

Perhaps other packages like 'make' could be considered honorary members of this
group as well, or maybe some other workflow can be imagined by the project.

I hope that helps!

Leo