Hi!

Andreas Enge <andr...@enge.fr> skribis:

> When we started implementing the teams idea, I thought we would get rid
> of the core-updates branch altogether. I still think it should not exist
> as such, but be folded into the teams workflow. I am still mildly worried
> that we have this branch into which many unrelated things get dumped,
> without a clear responsibility who pushes it forward and on which timeline.

Yeah, I share this sentiment.

> There is a "core" team, but this is probably not the same thing: I think
> there are packages outside of the core team scope that cause now inside
> the core-updates branch.

Maxim and I briefly discussed this on IRC and concluded we should have a
‘core-packages’ team for basically base.scm and commencement.scm (the
‘bootstrap’ team should be co-responsible for commencement.scm), and
maybe also guile.scm.

With that in mind, ‘core-updates’ would effectively become the branch of
the ‘core-packages’ team: the branch where we update packages in these
files (primarily the toolchain and Guile), perhaps also (guix build
utils), and that’s all.

How does that sound?

Ludo’.