Hi,

On mer., 22 nov. 2023 at 19:27, Ludovic Courtès <l...@gnu.org> wrote:

> For long-term storage though, we could choose to keep lzip only (because
> it compresses better).  Not something we can really do with the current
> ‘guix publish’ setup though.

It looks good to me.  For me, the priority list looks like:

 1. Keep for as longer as we can all the requirements for running Guix
 itself, e.g., “guix time-machine”.  Keep all the dependencies and all
 the outputs of derivations.  At least, for all the ones the build farms
 are already building.

 2. Keep for 3-5 years all the outputs for specific Guix revision, as
 v1.0, v1.1, v1.2, v1.3, v1.4.  And some few others.

Cheers,
simon