Hi Chris,

I agree that Guix should step in to maintain the level of service that QA currently offers, by paying for hosting and sharing responsibility for system administration.

Whether the software's maintained or improved is something over which we've historically had very poor control. Things go awry when we pretend otherwise.

Christopher Baines 写道:
it's not the most cost effective setup

Has this been explained in more detail before?

I also think that fundamentally I may think that processes and tooling
to make changes is more important than others regard it to be.

The disproportionate amount of effort you've put in, mostly unaided, implies as much.

(Proportionally disproportional thanks for that, by the way.)

Both

more comments to provide some context for the configuration.

and

making some high level architecture diagrams for QA and the bordeaux
build farm

would be very much appreciated!

As for monitoring and responding to problems, that's a bit more
complicated, but in most cases a herd restart of the relevant bit will
temporarily resolve the issue.

Chuffed that the Guix Data Service embodies the same debugging philosophy as the other Guix infrastructure.

Kind regards,

T G-R