(Sorry for replying again, but since my message wasn't reaching to
gnu-devel for others to see, I'm trying this again, this time, hopefully it
should reach others)

Hello Steve,
Yes, you're right about that - I am on the master branch. Should I switch
to a different commit? Maybe the ones listed in `git tag --list`?