Hi Andreas,

On 03/07/2024 8:21 pm, Andreas Enge wrote:
Hello,

currently I cannot reconfigure my laptop with the Xfce desktop environment
due to mutter not building:
Ok:                 166
Expected Fail:      5
Fail:               1
Unexpected Pass:    0
Skipped:            0
Timeout:            0
(this was on a local build).

Given the amount of output, I find it difficult to see which test failed.

I am on commit 972c06dc79641864b05590b2cd905cc8b810062b from yesterday.
As far as I can see, the corresponding derivation has not been built by QA
(following is my breadcrump trail of links followed from the data service):
    https://data.guix.gnu.org/revision/972c06dc79641864b05590b2cd905cc8b810062b

https://data.guix.gnu.org/revision/972c06dc79641864b05590b2cd905cc8b810062b/packages

https://data.guix.gnu.org/revision/972c06dc79641864b05590b2cd905cc8b810062b/packages?locale=en_US.UTF-8&search_query=mutter&field=version&field=synopsis&after_name=&limit_results=100

https://data.guix.gnu.org/revision/972c06dc79641864b05590b2cd905cc8b810062b/package/mutter/44.9?locale=en_US.UTF-8

https://data.guix.gnu.org/gnu/store/gn3qgnzix2lnq4cg95samsy07zp0a8qr-mutter-44.9.drv

Going back in time, the last successful build I could find was for commit
ab41f5ec1cf559708165e1cd28e15538e6a197d6 of June 30. The next entry in the
dataservice has status "unknown".

After that, I do not see a commit that strikes me as suspicious as far as
mutter is concerned.

But there are quite a few patches applied to master recently of which I am
not sure whether they have gone through QA and the process described here:

https://guix.gnu.org/en/manual/devel/en/html_node/Managing-Patches-and-Branches.html
Going through QA should normally make sure that dependent packages still
build and that substitutes are directly available (while for some recently
updated packages there are no substitutes); I would like to invite all
committers to follow this procedure.

Andreas

Mutter is one of those packages that fails on CI for no reason occasionally. The test suite is flaky. Sometimes it passes, and we get a substitute, and sometimes it doesn't and we don't. We probably need to find the flaky test and disable it so this doesn't keep happening. Patches can pass straight through QA only to fail on CI. I had to build it locally the other day because of this substitute outage.

Warmly,
Ada