Hugo Buddelmeijer <[email protected]> skribis:

> Apparently I did not have a default key server configured.  Should
> Guix provide a default?  I'm quite certain I did not actively remove a
> key server.  (I suppose there is value in not providing a default key
> server though.)

Yes, picking a default is hard, but maybe we can go with
keyserver.ubuntu.com.

>> Weird because the key was apparently imported.  Could you check
>> this:
>>    gpg --no-default-keyring \
>>      --keyring ~/.config/guix/upstream/trustedkeys.kbx --list-keys
>> Does it show the key that that was imported above?

[...]

> Oh!  ~/.config/guix/upstream/trustedkeys.kbx is empty (0 bytes)!
>
> "gpg --list-keys" shows exactly the same output.  As does `gpg
> --no-default-keyring --list-keys`.

Weird.  Perhaps that’s because of the empty file?

In my case, ‘--no-default-keyring’ appears to be honored:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
$ strace -o /tmp/log.strace gpg --no-default-keyring --keyring 
~/.config/guix/upstream/trustedkeys.kbx --list-keys  > /dev/null
gpg: NOTE: THIS IS A DEVELOPMENT VERSION!
gpg: It is only intended for test purposes and should NOT be
gpg: used in a production environment or with production keys!
$ grep 'open.*\.kbx.*= [0-9]' /tmp/log.strace
openat(AT_FDCWD, "/home/ludo/.config/guix/upstream/trustedkeys.kbx", O_RDONLY) 
= 3
openat(AT_FDCWD, "/home/ludo/.config/guix/upstream/trustedkeys.kbx", O_RDONLY) 
= 4
openat(AT_FDCWD, "/home/ludo/.config/guix/upstream/trustedkeys.kbx", O_RDONLY) 
= 5
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

That is, ~/.gnupg/pubring.kbx is not being opened.

Thanks,
Ludo’.

  • Guidance on how t... Development of GNU Guix and the GNU System distribution.
    • Re: Guidance... Ludovic Courtès
      • Re: Guid... Development of GNU Guix and the GNU System distribution.
        • Re: ... Ludovic Courtès
          • ... Development of GNU Guix and the GNU System distribution.

Reply via email to