On Sun, Sep 13, 2026, at 15:13, Jelle Licht wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Rutherther <[email protected]> writes:
>
>> Hi Noé,
>>
>> first of all thank you for your initiative!
>>
>> Noé Lopez <[email protected]> writes:
>>
>>> Hi everyone,
>>>
>>> As the summer vacations are in full swing, I would like to take some
>>> (late) advance on the process for the next release team.
>>>
>>> The release would be worked on from mid-September to the end of
>>> November (see annex).
>>>
>>> Given this timing, who would like to volunteer?
>>>
>>> Last time we talked about this, I noted:
>>>            * Release Manager
>>>                * Jelle Licht?
>>>                * Efraim (returning)
>>>            * Members
>>>                * Rutherther (depending on timing)
>>
>> I will try to make as much time as possible to help as part of the
>> release team. I will however not have as much time as I did last year I
>> am afraid.
>
> I'd love to try my hand at this as previously mentioned.

Oh good. As much as I would like to be able to do the release management I'm 
chronically overbooked for my Guix time and wouldn't be able to do a good job.  
I can definitely return as a release member.

>>> Have a nice day,
>>> Noé
>>>
>>> Annex: release timing
>>>
>>> In the original GCD, it was planned that a release was done for every
>>> June, this is of course not realistic given the timing of the previous
>>> release. However we should not wait until next year either.
>>>
>>> Members of the previous release team have improved the process[1] for
>>> the next team, so that it may take less time and that it is easier.
>>>
>>> With this in mind, I think it is fair to aim for a ~10 week release
>>> cycle. As for the exact timing, it is best if it is completely done by
>>> the december holidays.
>>
>> This sounds ambitious on one hand, but I think if one starts early with
>> stuff like trying if make dist works (it did not last release and we had
>> to do some late changes to fix stuff like that) and so on, it should be
>> fine. And monitoring of something did not get broken.
>
> I do have about 8 days of (off-line) planned absences during week 2/3 in
> the projected timeline, so ideally we can get the ball rolling before
> that.
>
>> I have previously made some issues I envisioned to do until the next
>> release, they are mostly assigned to me on codeberg. Those would improve
>> the releases, but they are not strictly necessary.
>>
>>>
>>> [1] https://codeberg.org/guix/release-planning/pulls
>>
>> And am still pending to do more improvements, I will try to make time
>> very soon.
>
> KR,
> - Jelle

Reply via email to