Hi,

I should have noticed the issue and not push these patches, so my bad too…

I also pushed another one that might be more problematic. It improves icedtea 
and I was still under the impression it didn't have too many dependents. 
Somehow, we managed to increase the number of dependents much more than I 
remembered. We're over 2500!

Should I revert it and push it to java-team instead?

Le 27 septembre 2026 22:56:24 GMT+02:00, Mathieu Lirzin <[email protected]> a écrit :
>Hello Sharlatan,
>
>Sharlatan Hellseher <[email protected]> writes:
>
>> A reminder to utilize team brnach to let CI prepare substitues and open
>> deprecation PR for any removals.
>>
>> I see java-team branch is 10068 commits behind and 10 commits ahead of
>> master and touched 5m ago, and there is a recent drop on master updating
>> base Java stack and removing top level packages bypassing deprecation
>> policy:
>
>Sorry, I wasn't aware that package removals need to go through a
>dedicated deprecation PR.
>
>For context: cognitect-aws-api, maven-3.8-* and maven-resolver-1.6-*
>were introduced solely to package Clojure. Since the recent Clojure
>upgrade no longer requires them, removing them in the same PR seemed
>natural. I'll open a separate deprecation PR next time this comes up.
>

Reply via email to