One thing that improved performance for me was defragmenting.
Such is practically unheard of in the Linux world...but Microsoft
finally caved and admitted their favorite filesystem fragments like a mutha. (Which seemed obvious to me from the technical info I saw on it)...

-Andy

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Any ideas on my performance issues under Win2k?
--
dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting
Work:      http://www.multitask.com.au