I did a defrag before my tests, so that's not it.

I'm currently running a test to see that if it's AntiVirus software. In my
preliminary tests, turning it off momentarily made the process a lot
quicker.

I'll report back when I've got some real evidence :)
--
dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting
Work:      http://www.multitask.com.au

news <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 12/01/2003 09:52:28 AM:

> One thing that improved performance for me was defragmenting.
> Such is practically unheard of in the Linux world...but Microsoft
> finally caved and admitted their favorite filesystem fragments like a
> mutha.  (Which seemed obvious to me from the technical info I saw on
it)...

> -Andy
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > Any ideas on my performance issues under Win2k?
> > --
> > dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting
> > Blog:      http://www.freeroller.net/page/dion/Weblog
> > Work:      http://www.multitask.com.au
> >

> > Sam Ruby <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 11/01/2003 06:28:41 AM:

> > Ant

> >>Costin already started something along these lines:
> >>
> >>http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/jakarta-gump/stylesheet/ant-build.xsl

> > As

I'm