Hello

I am attempting to set up a Gump on a W2K machine so I can build my work,
against the software it uses (lots of Apache stuff). I seem to be making
some progress -- I extracted Gump from CVS, I followed the usage.html
guidelines, I've ensured I have "javac"/"cvs" et al on the path. Things
appears to be going "generally ok".

Then, as I start (re-adding) lots of projects to my profile -- in an attempt
to resolve dependencies -- I started
getting more than I could cope with, at least -- so far. I've tried adding
more and more as needed, including
xml-xerces, but I still seem to get this gen output (see below).

When I do an "update all" I do see 'xml-xerces' being updated, so something
found it. Can somebody give me pointers on what might be wrong, and also --
is my approach wrong? Is there a way for "my personal gump" to rely upon a
remote repository of built components? Ought I attempt to build locally, or
copy?

Thanks in advance.

regards

Adam
----

Merging projects into workspace

Dropping project commons-lang because of Exception java.lang.Exception:
project "xml-xerces" not found processing project commons-lang
Dropping project commons-jxpath because of Exception java.lang.Exception:
project "jakarta-site2" not found processing project commons-jxpath
Dropping project ant-xdocs-proposal because of Exception
java.lang.Exception: project "xml-xerces" not found processing project
ant-xdocs-proposal
Dropping project commons-fileupload because of Exception
java.lang.Exception: project "xml-xerces" not found processing project
commons-fileupload
Dropping project commons-digester because of Exception java.lang.Exception:
project "xml-xerces" not found processing project commons-digester
Dropping project commons-dbcp because of Exception java.lang.Exception:
project "xml-xerces" not found processing project commons-dbcp
Dropping project commons-httpclient because of Exception
java.lang.Exception: project "xml-xerces" not found processing project
commons-httpclient
Dropping project commons-beanutils because of Exception java.lang.Exception:
project "xml-xerces" not found processing project commons-beanutils
Dropping project ant-embed because of Exception java.lang.Exception: project
"commons-jxpath" not found processing project ant-embed
Dropping project ant-embed-optional because of Exception
java.lang.Exception: project "commons-jxpath" not found processing project
ant-embed-optional
Dropping project commons-launcher because of Exception java.lang.Exception:
project "xml-xerces" not found processing project commons-launcher
Dropping project commons-jelly because of Exception java.lang.Exception:
project "jakarta-servletapi-4" not found processing project commons-jelly
Dropping project wsdl4j because of Exception java.lang.Exception: project
"xml-xerces" not found processing project wsdl4j
Dropping project commons-net because of Exception java.lang.Exception:
project "jakarta-oro" not found processing project commons-net
Dropping project commons-betwixt because of Exception java.lang.Exception:
project "commons-beanutils" not found processing project commons-betwixt
Dropping project commons-jexl because of Exception java.lang.Exception:
project "xml-xerces" not found processing project commons-jexl
Dropping project commons-validator because of Exception java.lang.Exception:
project "jakarta-oro" not found processing project commons-validator
Dropping project commons-modeler because of Exception java.lang.Exception:
project "xml-xerces" not found processing project commons-modeler
Dropping project commons-cli because of Exception java.lang.Exception:
project "xml-xerces" not found processing project commons-cli
Dropping project jakarta-log4j because of Exception java.lang.Exception:
project "xml-xerces" not found processing project jakarta-log4j
Dropping project xml-axis because of Exception java.lang.Exception: project
"wsdl4j" not found processing project xml-axis
Dropping project commons-discovery because of Exception java.lang.Exception:
project "xml-xerces" not found processing project commons-discovery
Dropping project commons-pool because of Exception java.lang.Exception:
project "xml-xerces" not found processing project commons-pool
Dropping project ant because of Exception java.lang.Exception: project
"xml-apis" not found processing project ant
Dropping project dist-xerces1 because of Exception java.lang.Exception:
project "xml-stylebook2" not found processing project dist-xerces1
Dropping project commons-latka because of Exception java.lang.Exception:
project "jakarta-servletapi-4" not found processing project commons-latka
Dropping project commons-el because of Exception java.lang.Exception:
project "ant" not found processing project commons-el
Dropping project junit because of Exception java.lang.Exception: project
"xml-xerces" not found processing project junit
Dropping project uddi4j because of Exception java.lang.Exception: project
"ant" not found processing project uddi4j
Dropping project dist-ant because of Exception java.lang.Exception: project
"ant" not found processing project dist-ant
Dropping project commons-collections because of Exception
java.lang.Exception: project "ant" not found processing project
commons-collections
Dropping project commons-logging because of Exception java.lang.Exception:
project "ant" not found processing project commons-logging
Dropping project log4j-tests because of Exception java.lang.Exception:
project "jakarta-oro" not found processing project log4j-tests
Generating checkout instructions

Applying web site stylesheet

Generating update script

Generating build definition

Applying web site stylesheet

Generating build script

Generate crossreference data

Applying web site stylesheet

Generating xref script

Generate script to publish all xml source files

Generate template for publishing an xml source file

Applying web site stylesheet

Generating publish script

Generate editing instructions

Generate naglist

Generate move instructions for cached files

Generate move script for cached files

Publishing
- ..\TSUTIL4.xml
- ..\project\ant.xml
- ..\project\trysybase.xml
- ..\project\xml-site.xml
- ..\project\xml-xerces.xml
- ..\repository\trysybase.xml
- ..\repository\ant.xml
- ..\repository\dbxml.xml
- ..\repository\devworks.xml
- ..\repository\exolab.xml
- ..\repository\jakarta.xml
- ..\repository\jdom.xml
- ..\repository\mozilla.xml
- ..\repository\tigris.xml
- ..\repository\sourceforge.xml
- ..\repository\webmacro.xml
- ..\repository\werken.xml
- ..\repository\whichever.xml
- ..\repository\xml.xml
- ..\profile\trysybase.xml
- ..\server\daedalus.apache.org.xml
- ..\server\icarus.apache.org.xml
- ..\stylesheet\ant-build.xsl
- ..\stylesheet\bash.xsl
- ..\stylesheet\build.xsl
- ..\stylesheet\deliver-local.xsl
- ..\stylesheet\jakarta.xsl
- ..\stylesheet\move.xsl
- ..\stylesheet\nag.xsl
- ..\stylesheet\pubdocs.xsl
- ..\stylesheet\publish.xsl
- ..\stylesheet\sedmap.xsl
- ..\stylesheet\update.xsl
- ..\stylesheet\win2k.xsl
- ..\stylesheet\xref.xsl
        1 file(s) copied.
        1 file(s) copied.

saving cached files

Checking for local dependencies in TSUTIL4.xml

Found 10 installed packages
Using C:\Gump\workspace\opt\ directory to check installed packages
problems reading C:\Gump\project\null for project
problems reading C:\Gump\project\null for project
problems reading C:\Gump\project\null for project
problems reading C:\Gump\project\null for project
problems reading C:\Gump\project\null for project
problems reading C:\Gump\project\null for project
problems reading C:\Gump\project\null for project
problems reading C:\Gump\project\null for project
problems reading C:\Gump\project\null for project
problems reading C:\Gump\project\null for project
10 packages need updating

--
<http://www.TrySybase.com>
Experience Sybase Technology ...