On Wed, 4 Feb 2004, Adam Jack <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Stefan wrote:
>

>> This commit makes mockobjects.xml describe buildable projects and
>> installed packages in a single file.  It seems to work for
>> traditional Gump but as this is not something we've tried before,
>> it may break in Gumpy.  If so, I'll be happy to split it.
>
> Or, if it is a useful feature, just explain it to me.
>
> I swear you are coding Gumpy, just in english and I translate. ;-)

Once upon a time I'll find time to switch to Python.  Let's hope your
Python skills are better than my English skills ;-)

Inside the profile I've defined

  <project name="mockobjects"      package="mockobjects-0.09"/>

And inside the mockobjects.xml file this has turned the mockobjects
project into an installed package.  This project definition doesn't
have an <ant> element either.  I now realize that I should have done
the same for the j2ee projects in mockobjects.xml, will do so.

The existing projects have been renamed by appending -cvs-head but
left in the same module definition.

Now, traditional Gump considers "mockobjects" an installed package and
locates it properly - it seems that Gumpy does the same.  Unlike Gumpy
"traditional" doesn't assume the same for all projects in the
mockobjects module, it still tries to build the -cvs-head projects.

Hope this is clearer.

>> I ought to get Gumpy running on my machine sooner rather than
>> later,
>
> I'd appreciate that. I forget which OS you use on your PC, but I
> beleive it isn't a M$ one. Could you refresh my memory?

The machine running my Gump installation is a Intel Linux system based
RedHat 7.3 - I'll likely have to switch to a different Linux distro
sooner or later.

I have Python 1.5.2 as /usr/bin/python and Python 2.2 as
/usr/bin/python2.

> It ought work with just setting the PYTHONPATH to ../gump/python and
> running (in python) python gump/integrate.py -w ../gump/xml.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] python]$ pwd
/home/bodewig/ASF/jakarta/jakarta-gump/python
[EMAIL PROTECTED] python]$ PYTHONPATH=. python2 gump/integrate.py -w ../bodewig.xml

asks me to specify a project (or all).

If I pick ant, python starts to hog my CPU and finally (about two
minutes later) says

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "gump/integrate.py", line 45, in ?
    workspace=WorkspaceLoader().load(ws)
  File "/home/bodewig/ASF/jakarta/jakarta-gump/python/gump/model/loader.py", line 121,
in load
    XMLServer.map)
  File "/home/bodewig/ASF/jakarta/jakarta-gump/python/gump/model/workspace.py", line
348, in complete
    module.complete(self)
  File "/home/bodewig/ASF/jakarta/jakarta-gump/python/gump/model/module.py", line 337,
in complete
    self.addError('No such repository in w/s ['+ repoName +'] on [' \
TypeError: cannot concatenate 'str' and 'NoneType' objects

Stefan