Hi Guys,
  I figured I'd hit you with a fantasy question and see what your
responses are <g>.

Suppose you are the GM of a game involving mages, and you are using the
ceremonial magic rules from GURPS MAGIC.  Someone says "Ok, they're going
to cast ceremonial magic at us?!!!  I want that ritual to FAIL big time! 
Can I oppose the ceremony from where I am?"

The situation:  Enemy mages are about to cast a spell at a small group of
victims while on the Battlefield.  Range to the targets will be
approximately 20 yards.  Between the ceremonial casters and the targets
however, are a group of 60 men, arranged in a group of 15 men wide by 4
men deep - ie, a screen of men that is approximately 22 yards wide
blocking the vision of the targeted victims.

Therein lies the question.  Can a group of people who can't see the
ceremonial magic in operation, oppose the ceremony despite not knowing
where it is or being able to see it?

Can a group of people who can see it, but are 20 yards away, affect it? 
What about 80 yards?  100 yards?  What is the maximum effective range that
a non-participant of a ceremony can affect its result?

Curious mind(s) wanna know...


_______________________________________________
GurpsNet-L mailing list <[email protected]>
http://mail.sjgames.com/mailman/listinfo/gurpsnet-l

Reply via email to