Am Sonntag, 20. August 2006 04:51 schrieb Jeff Wilson:
> From: Bira <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> >I didn't know Spain was a communist country :) . And, at the very
> >least, they'd be part of EU, wouldn't they?
>
> Spain's increasing socialism and isolationism could make both points moot.

You might want to check up on Spanish and EU politics. 'Increasing Socialism' 
does not exactly describe *any* European country, certainly not any of the 
European success stories. Spain is not quite up there with the Netherlands, 
but thanks to its stabilised currency, large potential, and great skill at 
bilking EU coffers it is doing quite capitalistically well for itself. Even 
The Economist endorsed their current PM - not exactly Socialist credentials, 
I should think. And politically, Spain is getting along quite nicely with 
most countries. 

What I *would* question is the EU's political will to fund an expansionist 
military drive into space. It has been said before and I believe, will long 
continue to be said that all Europe lacks to be a superpower is the will to 
be one. Why would space change that?

Volker


        

        
                
___________________________________________________________ 
Der frühe Vogel fängt den Wurm. Hier gelangen Sie zum neuen Yahoo! Mail: 
http://mail.yahoo.de
_______________________________________________
GurpsNet-L mailing list <[email protected]>
http://mail.sjgames.com/mailman/listinfo/gurpsnet-l

Reply via email to