> What I *would* question is the EU's political will to fund an expansionist
> military drive into space. It has been said before and I believe, will
> long 
> continue to be said that all Europe lacks to be a superpower is the will
> to 
> be one. Why would space change that?
> 
> Volker

When one keeps in mind that we're talking about the 2100-2170 period, it
all becomes pretty silly. Who would have guessed in 1840 where China, or
the United States, or Austria-Hungary stand today in world politics? 

And one effect of the 'socialist' EU policies ('socialist' as in 'to the
right of the neocons') is to give the poorer members (or those who whine 
most effectively) aid to rebuild their economies. Sometimes this works, 
just look at Ireland, or some parts of Bavaria. I'm not claiming that 
they'll do it for three more generations, but just one more generation
of redistributions could bring in a couple of new powerhouses.

Onno
_______________________________________________
GurpsNet-L mailing list <[email protected]>
http://mail.sjgames.com/mailman/listinfo/gurpsnet-l

Reply via email to