On Jul 1, 2008, at 1:28 PM, Onno Meyer wrote:



According to VE40, ballast cost is subsumed in the gas price. Weight
is not mentioned, but I'd assume that VE40 lists a 'net useful lift'
(see below).


The WWII design system calls for ultralight tanks for ballast, so I put some in, then ignored filling them. BTW, the ballast tanks should be 1300 gal, which is close enough to the historical figure.

384 or 388 kW for the aft prop?


388.


Lifting gas is a propulsion/lift component ...


Noted, I'll change that.

As per VE75, the 'rigger' needs no crew station. The rules also
require more riggers, but fewer maneuver crew, so it evens out.

The stewards can work in the galley, too.

The crew rules for riggers are not good at all, and I knew I'd ignore them.


That leaves power for a bit of electric lighting, etc.


In photos, there appear to be a few light bulbs scattered around the passenger gondola.



I would assume that ballast, including tanks, is subtracted from useful
lift. The balonets, otoh, are purchased as a sealed body.


Technically pods need no access space.


These do have access space, historically.



If your design is by any chance light, you could consider different
material strengths for the body and pods.


I'm fairly tight on lift, and historically the pods at least were built very light.

Armor PD2 DR2 metal advance (Po1-Po4). PD1 DR1 nonrigid Bo.

You need a seal. "advanced metal".


The rules on sealing and lifting gases are both confusing and produce absurd results.

"Lifting gas can go in a gasbag subassembly outside the vehicle, or in a sealed body or pod." I'm trying to model a gasbag inside a body. I can see requiring a sealed body for a "metalclad" where a gas-tight metal shell is both body and gas container. Applying a seal to the main body of the Bodensee would cost $20 million, 99.9 percent the cost of the vehicle.

I should probably do one more version with rules-as-written costs and an explanation of why to ignore them.


_______________________________________________
GurpsNet-L mailing list <[email protected]>
http://mail.sjgames.com/mailman/listinfo/gurpsnet-l

Reply via email to