Jon replied to me:
> 
> The "system spaces" are standardized on mass, and volume isn't really
> tracked.
[...] 
> I'm willing to allow that the SM might be off by as much as
> a point; it seems a small price to pay in order to not have to track
> volume.

Agreed. But that means Spaceships is a spacecraft or perhaps
aircraft design system, not a general vehicle design system. 
And most Mecha are more like AFVs than aircraft.

> > Spaceships is for a free-wheeling, non-obsessive style of play
> > and that doesn't mix with Mecha battles, I think :-)
> 
> You might be surprised.

I got Spaceships 2-4 and looked through it (no time to read
them completely). I still don't think you can do Mecha with 
those rules ... battlesuits from UT are tougher than even a
heavily armored mecha with Spaceships.

Onno
_______________________________________________
GurpsNet-L mailing list <[email protected]>
http://mail.sjgames.com/mailman/listinfo/gurpsnet-l

Reply via email to