> > > Armor: Upper Hull dDR 3, Middle Hull dDR 3, Lower Hull dDR3 > > > > A WWI tank is tougher than that, HT234. > > These drones are not really intended to directly engage the enemy. The > armor is there more as protection from small arms fire than any > significant weapons. Anti-vehicular weapons will quickly knock these out.
Any ten-ton combat vehicle should have armor within shouting range of infantry armor of the same TL, I'd say. > The heavier laser averages about 55 points of regular damage with an armor > divisor of 2. TL9 unpowered armor has DR 45 to 50, while TL9 powered armor has DR 70 to 200. > The tactical array only adds jammers and counter ECM capabilities. Since > these were not intended to actually engage enemy armor - and more act like > heavy mobile autonomous mortars for infantry support I left the this at > enhanced. I would expect heavy jamming on any TL9 battlefield. Spaceships 4 has area jammers. > I am also thinking of adding a neutral party to the mix selling their toys > to both sides. They would have their own design philosophy (haven't > decided what yet). Mecha which work on a world with a murky atmosphere, i.e. no lasers at all. > I did a quick diagram of how many designs I would need to fully fill out > the armory ( 3 factions with 3 major manufacturing companies each, about 6 > military roles to be filled, with value line, normal line, and premium > lines available from each company). The total came to about 45 designs. > Too many for me to reasonably do without any intention of using it. But > since this is just an experiment I don't feel I actually need to fill the > whole line. One a week, and you're done in less than a year. But it goes faster than that if there are massive similarities. _______________________________________________ GurpsNet-L mailing list <[email protected]> http://mail.sjgames.com/mailman/listinfo/gurpsnet-l
