Yes we will be fixing the track mouse with focus problem before 7.0
is finalized.
At 12:13 PM 8/8/2008, you wrote:
John,
I can help you with some of this. First, make certain that the
PMMail set files are associated. When you are on the message list,
switch to the Window-Eyes control
panel and PMMAILW.000 should be associated. If WINEYES.000 or some
other file is associated, open PMMAILW.000, save it to the same name
and confirm the
file association. This could be the problem with ALT-1 not working
for you. Frankly, though, I never read in the preview window
because bringing up part of every
single message that you arrow through on the message list will slow
things down some.
There is a bug that has resurfaced with Beta 2 that causes tree
views to not respond quite right when "Track Mouse with Focus" is
on. When you are on the
message list, go to the Window-Eyes control panel, Go to the "mouse"
menu and find "Track mouse with Focus" which is probably "on" and
press ENTER to turn it
"off". Save the set file.
I don't know whether turning "Track Mouse with Focus" is used by
other parts of the PMMAIL sets or not, so it could cause other
problems. However, it should
correct the problem you are having with the folder tree. It may
also increase responsiveness. I have had no noticeable problems
with response, in fact it seems
faster to me but it is hard to measure.
By the way, the "Track Mouse with Focus" problem is known already by
GW Micro and I suspect will be addressed eventually. However, this
will fix things for now.
This problem affects other tree views as well, so if this is
experienced elsewhere, check the setting of "Track Mouse with Focus"
making certain it is off and that the
SET file has been saved with the new setting. Mostly, this setting
is off so it doesn't happen much.
Best regards,
Steve
On Fri, 08 Aug 2008 10:03:44 -0400, john riehl wrote:
>I'm using the 7.02 beta and the latest setfile for pmmail (I
updated my setfile when I installed the latest beta). am having a
couple of problems with Pmmail. First,
when I go into pmmail, I do not hear "in-box" like I did
>before.
>Second, when I try to use alt-1 to read the preview pain as I, now
I get the subject. to read the message I have to hit the enter key.
I have "use preview pane"
checked". How do I fix thest problems?
>Also, it seems to me that Windoweyes seems less responsive when
moving between messages or when moving between letters on a line;
it seems slower.
>anyone else noticing this problem?
> John
>If you reply to this message it will be delivered to the original
>sender only. If your reply would benefit others on the list and
>your message is related to GW Micro, then please consider sending
>your message to [email protected] so the entire list will receive it.
>All GW-Info messages are archived at
http://www.gwmicro.com/gwinfo, and can be searched through and
sorted using the search
>form at the bottom of the page.
>If you wish to unsubscribe from this list, send a message to
>[EMAIL PROTECTED] and include leave gw-info in the body
>of the message.
If you reply to this message it will be delivered to the original
sender only. If your reply would benefit others on the list and
your message is related to GW Micro, then please consider sending
your message to [email protected] so the entire list will receive it.
All GW-Info messages are archived at http://www.gwmicro.com/gwinfo,
and can be searched through and sorted using the search
form at the bottom of the page.
If you wish to unsubscribe from this list, send a message to
[EMAIL PROTECTED] and include leave gw-info in the body
of the message.
--
Michael D. Lawler
Voice 260-489-3671
Fax 260-489-2608
Internet mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
web http://www.gwmicro.com
ftp ftp://ftp.gwmicro.com
GW Micro, Inc.,
Development Liaison and Technical Support Supervisor
If you reply to this message it will be delivered to the original
sender only. If your reply would benefit others on the list and
your message is related to GW Micro, then please consider sending
your message to [email protected] so the entire list will receive it.
All GW-Info messages are archived at http://www.gwmicro.com/gwinfo, and can be
searched through and sorted using the search
form at the bottom of the page.
If you wish to unsubscribe from this list, send a message to
[EMAIL PROTECTED] and include leave gw-info in the body
of the message.