Perhaps I am the only one noticing this because I am one of those rare users
who has the first nine check boxes in the new page information dialog of the
browse mode group checked.  There is a significant departure between how and
in what order WE is supposed to announce these items and what the beta is
actually doing.  Sometimes the beta will start reading the first line or few
lines of the page before saying, "Loading page," sometimes it begins reading
those lines after the loading page announcement, followed by "Load done,"
and sometimes it begins reading the number of links, lines, etcetera before
saying, "Load done."  As another list member observed, Browse mode isn't
finding its previous position.  On the GW Micro page, if I press Enter on
the Skip to main content link, WE reloads Browse mode at the top of the
page, effectively rendering the same page link useless.  I have New Page
information set to read the entire page after loading.

 

The second problem I have noticed is that although focus in the list box of
a given hot keys dialog changes when I press the first letter of a hot key I
am wanting to jump to, Window-Eyes is still announcing the hot key that
previously had focus.  Try it for yourself.  Open the WE hot keys dialog and
begin typing A, B, C, D, and so on.  It also happens in the synthesizers
list box of the select synthesizer dialog, as well as in the list box of the
verbosity dialog.

 

I am still using the old ETI Eloquence with beta three and have experienced
no loss of speech and no stuttering.  

 

Lou N. 

Fed up with outrageous energy prices? 
Go to 

www.AmericanSolutions.com 

and sign the drill here, drill now petition. 
Make yourself heard! 
Did you know that there is a joint Cuban-Chinese effort to explore for oil
and natural gas 60 miles off the Florida coast?  Why is it OK for other
countries to "ruin the environment" but it is not OK for the US to
responsibly tap our own resources!

 



If you reply to this message it will be delivered to the original
sender only.  If your reply would benefit others on the list and
your message is related to GW Micro, then please consider sending
your message to [email protected] so the entire list will receive it.

All GW-Info messages are archived at http://www.gwmicro.com/gwinfo, and can be 
searched through and sorted using the search
form at the bottom of the page. 

If you wish to unsubscribe from this list, send a message to
[EMAIL PROTECTED] and include leave gw-info in the body 
of the message.

Reply via email to