I'm having an issue with my magic jack too when I run this fix.
It says the following. Error cannot detect magic jack hardware device.

  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Grant E. Metcalf 
  To: gw-info 
  Cc: [email protected] 
  Sent: Thursday, August 12, 2010 11:04 AM
  Subject: Magic Jack works better thanks to Raul


  Thanks Raul for pointing me to the website
  http://is.gd/cyifl where I downloaded a file called msc15.zip. When I tried 
opening it, I got the message
  "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135)".
  Consequently, I wrote the programmer, Evan Vaughan, and he advise me that I 
needed to update my XP service pack with .NET framework v3.5. To do this he 
provided the link
  
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=333325fd-ae52-4e35-b531-508d977d32a6&displaylang=en

  I hit Run on the download and when it was finally finished, I then went to 
msc15.exe and it installed Magic Jack on the Windows Service Menu in the 
background. So far, no more grabbing focus by Magic Jack. I seem to be able to 
use Internet Explorer, et cetera, and everything else appears to be working 
better as well. Tom's suggestion was right, but thanks to Raul for pointing me 
to the appropriate link and saving me the cost of a junker. SMILES!

  Gratefully yours,

  Grant E. Metcalf
  Bartimaeus Alliance of the Blind, Inc.
  P.O. Box 572
  South San Francisco, CA 94083-0572
  Email:  [email protected]
  Website:  http://bartimaeus.us/

If you reply to this message it will be delivered to the original sender only. 
If your reply would benefit others on the list and your message is related to 
GW Micro, then please consider sending your message to [email protected] so 
the entire list will receive it.

GW-Info messages are archived at http://www.gwmicro.com/gwinfo. You can manage 
your list subscription at http://www.gwmicro.com/listserv.

If you reply to this message it will be delivered to the original sender only. 
If your reply would benefit others on the list and your message is related to 
GW Micro, then please consider sending your message to [email protected] so 
the entire list will receive it.

GW-Info messages are archived at http://www.gwmicro.com/gwinfo. You can manage 
your list subscription at http://www.gwmicro.com/listserv.

Reply via email to