Peter,

I have never used JGRASP, so can make no comment on it.  However, since it
sounds like you are very time constrained and need to get something working
yesterday, I would go with Eclipse.  It won't be the same tool used by the
rest of the class, but it does work.  Since JGRASP was written in java if
the WE4J scripts are not working, then the chances of getting it to work are
small indeed.  Eclipse is written largely in java as well, but they use a
different set of libraries to create there GUI than most java apps.  For
this reason, Eclipse works fine even without any scripts.

Good luck,

Scott




-----Original Message-----
From: Peter Wolfe [mailto:[email protected]] 
Sent: Monday, August 23, 2010 9:27 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: JAVA cocompilers that are accessible in college work?

GW-Micro users:


     It's me Peter again with a similar message in the same vein like
the last question about Windows 7. I'm taking an Intro to Computing
course at a major university in the southeastern United States. Well,
I need to learn JAVA, a object oriented programming formal language
software development package. Well, I have heard that a supplemental
substitute could be a Eclipse compiler to compile JAVA instructions to
the computer. I'm trying to use the W.E 4 JAVA run time enviromental
script from the script manager right now with failing results. The
university prefers the JGRASP compiler as it's got an automatic
feature with additional downloads to allow it to check your programs
and such automatically. So, I'm almost a week behind so any like help
would be great especially if its fast information that is accurate. I
could give more information if you need more information and my
university is Auburn University at www.eng.auburn.edu and you can look
from there to computer science and with Dr. Cross's Intro to
Computing. We are all just puzzled as to where to begin with this
monumental issue with the blind computer programmer on campus. There
is also a struggle between my recommendation of Eclipse and JGRASP
compiler over one another as JGRASP is shallower in functionality
overall according to my Teaching aAssistant in the class. Please write
me off list if its lenglthy at [email protected].


Thanks for any help,
Peter


-- 
Peter Q. Wolfe, AS
[email protected]
If you reply to this message it will be delivered to the original sender
only. If your reply would benefit others on the list and your message is
related to GW Micro, then please consider sending your message to
[email protected] so the entire list will receive it.

GW-Info messages are archived at http://www.gwmicro.com/gwinfo. You can
manage your list subscription at http://www.gwmicro.com/listserv.

If you reply to this message it will be delivered to the original sender only. 
If your reply would benefit others on the list and your message is related to 
GW Micro, then please consider sending your message to [email protected] so 
the entire list will receive it.

GW-Info messages are archived at http://www.gwmicro.com/gwinfo. You can manage 
your list subscription at http://www.gwmicro.com/listserv.

Reply via email to