i think this is an interesting conversation so please keep it going here. ----- Original Message ----- From: "George B" <[email protected]> To: "'David McLean'" <[email protected]>; "'Chris Tekell'" <[email protected]> Cc: <[email protected]> Sent: Thursday, April 14, 2011 7:29 PM Subject: RE: Off topic: Anyone tried HD Tracks?
why don't you take this off list since it is o t and i see in the headder you are talking to one person and c c to the rest of us. > -----Original Message----- > From: David McLean [mailto:[email protected]] > Sent: Thursday, April 14, 2011 17:25 > To: Chris Tekell > Cc: [email protected] > Subject: Re: Off topic: Anyone tried HD Tracks? > > It should download them to a folder called my hadtracks which as I > recall is off the desktop. > You will need to install the download manager first if you haven't done > that but once that's done it should download the album automatically. > I will say however that one album I bought last year gave me a problem > so after threatening them for a couple of days I got them to fix the > problem which was on their site > On Apr 14, 2011, at 8:14 PM, Chris Tekell wrote: > > > Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to start downloading. One of the > things I tried, the first time I signed up was to let the thing go > overnight. The next day, I had nothing anywhere on my computer. I don't > know if it is looking for preference information to tell it where to > put the downloaded files or what, but it doesn't seem to be downloading > them and putting them in some default location. I selected FLAC as my > format, and searched everywhere for FLAC files to no avail. Not on the > desktop, not in My Music, not in any folder on any drive, nor were > there any signs I could find of temp files that might denote partial > downloads. Of course, this was the first time I tried it, way back. It > might be worth trying again to see if it does automatically download to > a default location now. Perhaps that has changed. It wouldn't be ideal, > since I have very specific sorting methods and would like to be able to > check download progress as well, but I can always move files and it > would be better than nothing. > > > > Thanks, > > > > Chris > > > > At 06:04 PM 4/14/2011, David McLean wrote: > >> Actually you don't really need to access the download manager. When > you buy an album the download manager should start and download the > album automatically. Just be sure when the dialog comes up you select > run rather than save since the first thing that download is what > apparently triggers the download of the album. HTH. > >> On Apr 14, 2011, at 7:52 PM, Chris Tekell wrote: > >> > >> > I know there are others on the list that enjoy both home and > portable audio. There is a site that sells high definition, audiophile > quality music downloads. The name of the site is HD Tracks. I signed up > for their site when they were brand new and got the free album they > were offering added to my account, but was never able to download it > because their download manager was completely inaccessible. I recently > heard that they had expanded their selection to a lot more popular > music and decided to see if they had progresed in their accessibility. > No such luck. Their download manager is Java based, and there is no > reason why it couldn't be completely accessible. I sent them an email > requesting help back when the site first opened and got no response. I > sent them another email just now, and doubt I will get a reply if I am > the only person they get requesting accessibility. > >> > > >> > So, anyone interested in top quality audio, including high > definition music, please take a moment to let these people know that > blind consumers like music too and that adding accessibility to their > site would be appreciated. I wish that the problem could just be solved > by an app, but since the downloader only shows up as a title bar, I > don't think there is anything to work with to identify the elements. > What is doubly annoying is that the rest of the site is fine. You can > shop, find albums, create an account and even buy music. You just can't > download it once you buy it. > >> > > >> > https://www.hdtracks.com/index.php > >> > If you reply to this message it will be delivered to the original > sender only. If your reply would benefit others on the list and your > message is related to GW Micro, then please consider sending your > message to [email protected] so the entire list will receive it. > >> > > >> > GW-Info messages are archived at http://www.gwmicro.com/gwinfo. > You can manage your list subscription at > http://www.gwmicro.com/listserv. > >> > > > > If you reply to this message it will be delivered to the original > sender only. If your reply would benefit others on the list and your > message is related to GW Micro, then please consider sending your > message to [email protected] so the entire list will receive it. > > GW-Info messages are archived at http://www.gwmicro.com/gwinfo. You can > manage your list subscription at http://www.gwmicro.com/listserv. If you reply to this message it will be delivered to the original sender only. If your reply would benefit others on the list and your message is related to GW Micro, then please consider sending your message to [email protected] so the entire list will receive it. GW-Info messages are archived at http://www.gwmicro.com/gwinfo. You can manage your list subscription at http://www.gwmicro.com/listserv. If you reply to this message it will be delivered to the original sender only. If your reply would benefit others on the list and your message is related to GW Micro, then please consider sending your message to [email protected] so the entire list will receive it. GW-Info messages are archived at http://www.gwmicro.com/gwinfo. You can manage your list subscription at http://www.gwmicro.com/listserv.
