Try LogiTech's products. They might be able to help you out if you explain
the situation to them.
Duyahn
----- Original Message -----
From: "Chris Tekell" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Tuesday, May 31, 2011 4:43 PM
Subject: Looking for wireless earphone or headset advice for use with the PC
Lately, I have had a serious worsening of my back and leg problems and
recently got a very nice recliner for me to sit in that I hope will help.
The one drawback is the distance from my computer. A while back, I bought
a standard, non Bluetooth wireless headset. But setting it up to work
without cutting out my main speakers if the headset ran out of charge was
something I never quite figured out and the thing was bulky and
uncomfortable to boot, especially since I prefer to have one ear free the
majority of the time when I am working on the computer.
What I am looking for is something that will work well and that is more of
an earbud style with or without a microphone. I am using Windows XP and
likely will be until I can save up for a new PC. The current PC does not
have Bluetooth built in, or at least I don't think it does, but if the
best solution is Bluetooth I am willing to consider a device that uses an
adapter. I could use a USB device, a wireless keyboard with a headphone
jack or even something wireless that will plug in to the headphone jack of
my ancient Yamaha speakers I use for my PC speakers. What is important is
to find something I can use comfortably with one ear free when I need it
that I can set up to get all sounds from the PC directed to or at least
set up so that all sound except maybe music and other media sounds come
through the earphone, and that I can set up in a way that won't leave me
stuck without any sound if the battery gives out while I am using it.
I wouldn't mind using one of the Bluetooth headsets designed for cell
phone use with one earbud and a little microphone if I could get one that
will work the way I want. Any product suggestions or setup advice would be
greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Chris
If you reply to this message it will be delivered to the original sender
only. If your reply would benefit others on the list and your message is
related to GW Micro, then please consider sending your message to
[email protected] so the entire list will receive it.
GW-Info messages are archived at http://www.gwmicro.com/gwinfo. You can
manage your list subscription at http://www.gwmicro.com/listserv.
If you reply to this message it will be delivered to the original sender only.
If your reply would benefit others on the list and your message is related to
GW Micro, then please consider sending your message to [email protected] so
the entire list will receive it.
GW-Info messages are archived at http://www.gwmicro.com/gwinfo. You can manage
your list subscription at http://www.gwmicro.com/listserv.