Hello,

For example, I go to the accessible version of amazon.com and do a search for something. The results come up and I press enter on a product and tab to the "product description and features" link and press enter. The page comes up and I tab to the "Product description" link. At this point, nothing happens except when I hit any key I get "downloading page". Doing a screen redraw, F-5 or using the context menu bounces me back to the page I was on before. On the Amazon main site, I do a search that produces more than one page of results, I can't go to the next page of results. Pressing enter or the spacebar has no effect.

In WLM, I have to turn browse mode off in order to compose or reply to a message.

This has been happening for several weeks. That's why I thought I.E. 9 might've been the culprit for some of it at least. I may have to make use of my recovery DVD's and start from scratch.

I appreciate your interest.

Dan


--------------------------------------------------
From: "Don H" <[email protected]>
Sent: Sunday, March 25, 2012 6:15 PM
To: "Dan Rathburn" <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: Update to previous problems

Explain your problem a little further and maybe I can help.

On 3/25/2012 4:39 PM, Dan Rathburn wrote:


Thanks a lot for the reply. I have I.E. 8 back. Unfortunately, it did
not solve the problems I'm having with I.E. and I still have to turn
browse mode off to compose a message or reply.

Thanks again,

Dan




--------------------------------------------------
From: "Don H" <[email protected]>
Sent: Sunday, March 25, 2012 4:16 PM
To: "Dan Rathburn" <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: Update to previous problems

The way to uninstall IE 9 and go back to IE 8 is done through the view
installed updates. Go to Programs and features and tab to view
installed updates and hit enter. Hit the letter w and it should take
you to a entry for IE 9. Hit enter on the listing and follow any
prompts. I will say On at least one occasion this method has not
worked and I had to reinstall IE 9.

On 3/25/2012 2:55 PM, Dan Rathburn wrote:
Hello,
I have identified the source of some of my problems with Internet
Explorer. Unknown to me,another member of the family thought it would be a good idea to upgrade to Internet Explorer 9. I would like to revert to
I.E. 8. However, I.E. 9 is telling me that a previous version is not
available. A Google search yielded confusing results.
Thanks for any help.
Dan
If you reply to this message it will be delivered to the original sender
only. If your reply would benefit others on the list and your message is
related to GW Micro, then please consider sending your message to
[email protected] so the entire list will receive it.

GW-Info messages are archived at http://www.gwmicro.com/gwinfo. You can
manage your list subscription at http://www.gwmicro.com/listserv.


If you reply to this message it will be delivered to the original sender only. 
If your reply would benefit others on the list and your message is related to 
GW Micro, then please consider sending your message to [email protected] so 
the entire list will receive it.

GW-Info messages are archived at http://www.gwmicro.com/gwinfo. You can manage 
your list subscription at http://www.gwmicro.com/listserv.

Reply via email to