True on all counts.

  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Evelyn Weckerly 
  To: John Gunn ; [email protected] 
  Sent: Monday, May 07, 2012 1:10 PM
  Subject: RE: MSE and other anti virous programs


          AhHi, all,

  Well, you can't ever run more than one antivirus program at any one time. I 
see no point in having more than one on a computer. Anti spyware is a different 
story, though I understand that, even there, you can run only one antispy 
program at a time.

  Evelyn

  t 02:04 PM 5/7/2012, John Gunn wrote:

    Shannhon:
     
    In my personal opinion I think you need only 1 anti virus program running.  
I can't speak for GW Micro but all these anti virus programs people complain 
Windows has problems and I believe this is 1 reason why.
     
    I think running multiple anti virus programs with out Window-Eyes can slow 
a system down as well.
     
    That's my story and I'm sticking to it.  Smile
     
     
     
    John Gunn
    Computer Technician
    Renaissance Learning Inc.
    Hours Monday-Friday 7:00-3:30 CT
    [email protected]
     
    From: shannon [ mailto:[email protected]] 
    Sent: Monday, May 07, 2012 1:00 PM
    To: [email protected]
    Subject: Re: MSE and other anti virous programs
     
    can you turn off one to run the other? 
    Occasionally my computer sounds like  it is gearing up for take off and 
when looking at the running processes it is Semantic GUI that is being a pig 
face.
    So I was wondering if MSE would do a better job or find what ever is making 
the GUI so hungry.
    Shannon

      ----- Original Message ----- 

      From: manny 

      To: shannon ; gwmicro list 

      Sent: Monday, May 07, 2012 12:39 PM

      Subject: Re: MSE and other anti virous programs



      You can have several antivirus programs installed on your computer, but 
you should only have one set to run at bootup.

      I have security essential and spybot both running at bootup.  

      here is the link for microsoft security essential:

      http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/products/security-essentials 

      checkout my stand-up comedy performance--please forward or post on your 
social network--my goal is to reach a million clicks: 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75fbevlz10g


      On 5/7/2012 7:01 AM, shannon wrote: 

      Hello list, 



      Can you run  MSE along with Semantic? 



      And how do you get MSE I don't see that on the Windows update page. So do 
you google it and find it that way? 

      ----- Original Message ----- 

      From: Josh Rivera 

      To: [email protected] 

      Cc: [email protected] 

      Sent: Monday, May 07, 2012 11:07 AM

      Subject: Re: Fwd: Re: Hello Robert, I use a scanner called, microsoft 
security essentials



      I've been using MSE for over a year now, and do not find it, in the 
least, clunky! In fact, it's so complete, that I was even able to delete my 
spybot for blind users program, because MSE took care of the spyware good 
enough, so that spybot never found any more spyware. 

      On Mon, 07 May 2012 10:45:24 -0400 Evelyn Weckerly <[email protected]> 
writes: 



         

          Date: Mon, 07 May 2012 10:33:17 -0400

          To: "Maheen" <[email protected]>

          From: Evelyn Weckerly <[email protected]>

          Subject: Re: Hello Robert, I use a scanner called, microsoft security 
essentials


          Hi,


          I too must get a new antivirus program. An IT friend of mine feels 
that Microsoft Security Essentials as rather clunky. I'd ba interested in any 
comments about any program that is accessible, free or paid for. Thanks.


          Evelyn


          At 03:21 AM 5/7/2012, you wrote:


          It's a very good  program. It scans for viruses and is  completely 
free. I use it. 

          ----- Original Message ----- 

          From: Robert Ringwald 

          To: gw 

          Sent: Monday, May 07, 2012 3:15 AM 

          Subject: Question about NOD 32 or Vipre

          Windows 7 

          Dell Laptop 

          WE 7.5.4.1 



          Up until I purchased this Windows 7 laptop, I used NOD 32 and liked 
it very much. 



          After getting this laptop, I had a free 30 day trial of Vipre. It has 
now run out. 



          I recently read a couple comments here on the List about a newer 
version of NOD32 not being as accessible as the older versions. 



          I have to decide on a virus program. 



          It is pretty much between these two.  



          Comments? 



          --Bob Ringwald 














      ____________________________________________________________ 

      53 Year Old Mom Looks 33 

      The Stunning Results of Her Wrinkle Trick Has Botox Doctors Worried

      consumerproducts.com 

  No virus found in this message.
  Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
  Version: 2012.0.1913 / Virus Database: 2425/4983 - Release Date: 05/07/12

If you reply to this message it will be delivered to the original sender only. 
If your reply would benefit others on the list and your message is related to 
GW Micro, then please consider sending your message to [email protected] so 
the entire list will receive it.

GW-Info messages are archived at http://www.gwmicro.com/gwinfo. You can manage 
your list subscription at http://www.gwmicro.com/listserv.

Reply via email to